Sunday, March 18, 2012

Ri - dic-u-lous.

Lots of movement in downtown stores which I'm pretty sure are going to happen, but I'm waiting for official word.

I've decided the point of my Comings and Goings list isn't breaking news -- but being accurate and a record of what's happened. I won't post rumors.

**********

The latest statistics from the Bulletin about the local economy are interesting.

Simply put, we're still going sideways.

My own business seems to be on a bit of an upswing, but these ups and downs have more to do with internal dynamics than local dynamics.

There was some mention in the article of things maybe turning upward later in the year.

Ridiculous.

I think we're in such a stagnant position, that any real improvement is years down the road.

**********

The U.S.A. today has an article about how one 'needs' 150K per year just to live a 'good' life.

Which, as far as I can tell, is about the top 3 or 4% of Americans.

Ridiculous.

**********

Had me looking at household net worths' again: the mean average is something like 450K. But the Median average is something like 90K.

That other 360K is owned by the billionaires.

Ridiculous.

**********

There is simply no way the rents should be going up in Bend, if we truly had a free market.

We have tons of housing sitting outside the market.

The housing manipulations around here are ridiculous.

***********

Everything is ridiculous. Heh. I know, real insightful. I just wanted to sound out the word. Ri-dic-u-lous!

**********

2 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"The U.S.A. today has an article about how one 'needs' 150K per year just to live a 'good' life."

Yes, that's ridiculous. Probably true in NYC, DC or SF, but not most places.

H. Bruce Miller said...

"But the Median average is something like 90K."

I'm surprised it's that high. You sure that's net worth and not assets?