Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Squirrel!

Credit is due for the promotional efforts for the local production of Little Shop of Horrors, in that they actually caught my attention.

The 25.00 price of a ticket. That sort of leaped out at me.

Really? I'm really out of the loop these days, but I had no idea. I'm not complaining here -- prices are what prices are, and there is -- usually -- a good reason for them. I just had no idea that a local production could charge 25.00.

(Yeah, yeah, comics are 3.99. What of it?)

**********

I'm probably just chronicling my sad descent in Old Fogeyness, but I couldn't name you a Gaga tune, and I wouldn't know one if I heard it. Not proud of that. At least, unlike my wife, I'd heard of her.

**********

Walked out of the movie theater last night (Resident Evil) and both Linda and I stopped dead in our tracks. A solid sheet of water. A huge flash and a second later a boom. Ummmm

We looked to our right and saw the Hawaiian restaurant -- (Kona Plate? Like I said, we didn't wander off into the street to see the sign) -- and we ducked in there. "Want to have dinner?" So, one of those rare times when Linda and I actually ate out. Nice food.

The sunset looked like the end of the world.

**********

Squirrel!

***********

Ready to finish up the store, today. At least the physical part. The stocking of inventory is going to take longer.

I don't know why, but the whole process is kind of euphoric for me. I think it must be a bit like Shopping Addiction, or something. I just really like to dive in and move things around, and fix things up.

I have to restrain myself. This changeover has been two years in the making. I was planning to do it last September --but decided to hold pat. I wanted to sell off a few more manga and anime and toys and cards to make room.

It's good to delay. I have lots of ideas come to me the longer I dwell on it. Even taking more time to do the project -- though it hurts sales in the short run -- is a good thing to do. It's less stressful, and it also gives my subconcious time to work out creative solutions.

In fact, it's an awful lot like the creative high I get on the first draft of a fictional story. But also like writing, the actual process is always so much more difficult than the original ideas....

2 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

$25 is really DIRT CHEAP, Dunc. You do need to get out more.

Duncan McGeary said...

I guess so....