Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Lesson learned.

About a year and a half to two years ago, I decided to quit trying to control customer behavior. I'd just let them be, and take my lumps.

Since I made this decision, I've had no disputes, no blowups, hardly even a discouraging word.

I admit to doing a bit of eye-rolling here and there, but mostly I've taken a step back. I was gaining a reputation for not being kid-friendly, or teenager friendly, and I didn't want that.

The result has been -- Sales aren't any better and probably no worse. On the other hand, I don't see any more product damage than I saw before. Wierdly enough, maybe even less.

So, ironically, I don't think it made much difference either in sales or damage level. But it has been a lot more peaceful.

Lesson learned.

No comments: