Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Picky, picky, picky.

"I'm looking for a blank notebook," a customer said.

"O.K. We have a shelf of them right here...."

"I need it to be smaller..."

"You mean like this?"

"Yes, only I need it bendy, so I can put it in my back pocket."

"You mean like this one?"

"Yes, but I need it to be more nondescript...."

".....?"

"Is there any other place downtown selling these?

"You might check the Paper Jazz down on the corner..."

"Too fancy. Any place else?

"No."

"Is there...."

"No."

"But...."

"No and NO!"

O.K. I made up the last five lines, but I wish I could have said them....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a good man, Dunc . . . be patient with those tourists.

Perhaps this is the signal that you should expand into stationery supplies?

Spockgirl said...

I am quite glad I found your blog to read, as I know I can come here for a laugh, or to feel worse about my own busines. At least you have customers...