Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wussy Spring Break.

I don't know what the statistics are going to end up saying, but the 'foot traffic' this spring break seemed really weak. I was distracted much of the month by family events and home renovation, but it didn't seem like we had the hordes of outsiders I would've expected.

Maybe next week.

We are probably going to beat last March by around 10%, which is pretty astounding for how slow it is. I mean, it was terribly slow last year but I must have been so psychologically prepared for it to be terrible, that somehow it didn't really register how terrible it really was. In hindsight, it was the pits -- and yet I made pretty good profits by working the store myself, and it was new and unknown territory for me so terrible was sorta what I expected somehow... but this year I have something to compare with and it isn't pretty.

I'm not going to make as much this year because I have employees, but it's worth the price. I have reached a point in my life where I really need some time off here and there.

The store feels solid to me. The product and the sales seem on course, and I've pretty much done all I can to fill it up. The workload feels about right, and the cash flow feels smooth. It's a nice mix of routine and newness. I like it.

No comments: