Sunday, March 7, 2010

February, 2010 results.

Despite a slow last week of the month, we managed to beat last year by 8%, which is now the sixth month in a row beating the 90 pound weakling that was last year. We'll have this low goal post at least until September again.

As I've said before, I prefer a good, strong, solid 10% growth rate to anything more spectacular than that, because that is an increase that can be believed and sustained.

Comics and graphic novels were down 10%, mostly because graphic novels were an inexplicable 35% down: I'm guessing that these sales are being entered under either comics or books by my employees. (It is often a fine, gray line between books and graphic novels...)

On the other hand, games were up by 40%. Books were up, and so were toys.

My collector card games seem to have stabilized, finally, and were up from last year. Sports were up a tiny bit.

It's probably coming time to drop anime as a category altogether; just a waste of a register key.

So, all in all, I'm pretty pleased. It probably should have been a bit higher, because I actually overspent (on purpose); but, like I said, we had one of those crappy weeks that come along.
Time of year, and all that.

First week of March was pretty horrible, too. Until yesterday, which was strong enough to pull up the entire average. A little too hit and miss, for my taste -- but results are what count.

I think the mix of product is working for the store, and I just need to keep it up.

No comments: