Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A pain in the tooth.

Woke up at 2:00 A.M. with a raging toothache.

Finally went online and looked up home remedies.

Tried salt water, ice, Listerine.

Salt water seemed to work a little, Listerine at least maybe numbed things a big.

Vanilla extract is what worked best, but I had only the bottom of a tiny little bottle. Salt water -- which has worked in the past -- had minimal effect. Ice or any combination of cold, didn't hurt but didn't help.

So I did as much Vanilla as I could, followed it up with a bunch of massage around the gums, and that worked best. And then put a big glob of peanut butter nestled next the the tooth.

Finally fell asleep, to wake up the blinding pain three times. More massage, a glob of peanut butter, and back to sleep.

I've polished off the Vanilla Extract (we didn't have any Clove oil -- does any non-cook type have Clove oil?), but wangled an appointment with my dentist this morning. Lucky that.

Darn.

This is going to cost me.

No comments: