Monday, June 8, 2009

Two new stores downtown.

Seemingly overnight, a couple new businesses are situating within a hundred yards of my store.

After watching UP, (the movie made me tear up twice, and had me belly laughing at the Alpha Dog's voice) Sunday night, I popped my head in the door where they were repainting the Treefort space. If I got this right, it's a spin off of Angel Kisses, and will be called Honey, subtitled A Better Alteration. Basically, an alterations and clothing store.

They asked me, "How's the foot traffic?" Which seems to me the right question. I told them I thought it was as good as any place in town.

While I was talking to the Honey people, I looked over and saw Azura Studio, on Bond next to Luxe, a new salon. I mean, it seems to have popped up overnight.

Pretty amazing that people just keepa comin'.

I see this as a good thing for my store. My lease is done, so any downturn won't help in negotiations -- which would've been a pretty stupid thing to wish for in any event.

Empty spaces aren't healthy, but most are being leased before the old stores even leave. When the Oxford Hotel opens, I believe we're going to have a great flow of foot traffic.

Except for the spaces where the Olive store and the old location to LuLu's, most of my street has filled up. Wonder what will go into the Luxe space? In my daydreams, I win the lottery, and turn it into the showspace bookstore.

Even in the midst of a slowdown, I seemed to have lucked out in my location. The neighborhood around it has changed constantly for the better.

I've included the Comings and Goings list, again. The Comings list is started to get closer in size to the Goings list, so a kind of equilibrium is taking place.

The dates are turning out a little strange, because I include them when I hear confirmation of their coming or going, not when they actually come or go (because I can't be sure I'll catch that.) So we have Comings like High Desert Gallery, which won't actually open until the Oxford Hotel opens, and so on.

Still, the dates are going to prove really useful information in the long run, to someone. Seems no one really keeps this kind of information.

P.S. Someone mentioned Periwinkle closing. To be honest, I didn't know they were still around. Does anyone know about this?

NEW BUSINESS'S DOWNTOWN

Altera Real Estate 6/9/09
Honey 6/7/09
Azura Studio 6/7/09
Mary Jane's 6/1/09
c.c.McKenzie 6/1/09
Velvet 5/28/09
Recession Pies 4/11/09
Bella Moda 3/25/09
High Desert Gallery (Bend) 3/25/09
Joolz
Zydeco
900 Wall
Great Outdoor Store
Luxe Home Interiors
Powell's Candy
Dudley's Used Books and Coffee
Goldsmith
Game Domain
Subway Sandwiches
Bend Burger Company
Showcase Hats
Pita Pit
Happy Nails



BUSINESS'S LEAVING

Micheal Cassidy Gallery 6/15/09
Luxe Home Interiors 6/4/09
Treefort 5/8/09
Blue 5/2/09
Volcano Tasting Room 4/28/09
Habit 4/16/09
Mountain Comfort 4/14/09
Tetherow Property 4/11/09
Blue Moon Marketplace 3/25/09
Plenty 3/25/09
Downtown Doggie 3/25/09
Santee Alley
Bistro Corlise
Made in Hawaii
EnVogue
Stewart Weinmann (leather)
Kebanu Gallery
Pella Doors and Windows
Olive company
Pink Frog
Little Italy
Deep
Merenda's
Volo
Pomegranate (downtown branch)
Norwalk
Pronghorn Real Estate office.
Speedshop Deli
Paper Place
Bluefish Bistro

No comments: