Saturday, June 27, 2009

More bemusings.....

The Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks, (son of Mel Brooks), is one of my best selling books. Because, you know, Zombies actually exist.

I'm safe, though. Zombies walk right by bookstores.

Then again, Zombies -- are -- looking for brains. Hmmmmmmm.....

Let's see....

Nope. Safe either way.

************

A customer and I were looking at the cover to the book, Saints and Avengers, with Emma Peel. "I used to love Emma Peel when I was a kid," he sighed.

"I know. For a 13 year old boy, there is nothing like a hot chick clad in leather."

So we compared ages, and found out we were both 56 years old.

Green skinned girls have the same effect....(Trekkies know what I mean....)

**********

Was describing to a customer the kind of employee I was looking for, all the different qualities and characteristics.

"Dude," he says. "You just described yourself.....except for the tech savvy part."

So there you have it, I'm looking for someone just like me -- only better.

And who will work for minimum wage whenever I want them to.

Oh, and who will clean bathrooms.....

**********

Micheal Jackson suffered "severe weight loss?" From where? I mean, really, the guy was already boney. I expected his legs to snap every time he made one of signature moves...

When John Lennon died, I remember my Mom saying, "What's the fuss? Now if it was Frank Sinatra, I'd understand it...."

But hey, I did buy Thriller, back in the day.

So I'll retract my 'not giving a rat's ass' statement of yesterday.

Still there is a cringe factor to me in the outpouring of grief.

4 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"I know. For a 13 year old boy, there is nothing like a hot chick clad in leather."

They look pretty good to a 63-year-old boy too.

Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman -- RRRRRrrrrowwwr!

Or that English chick on "It's Me or the Dog."

Duncan McGeary said...

How fetishes are created....

Anonymous said...

I hope you're well stocked up on Michael Jackson silver gloves. And Farah Faucet posters. You'd make a killing this weekend.

Duncan McGeary said...

Alas, I have none.

I'm thinking I might have a Captain Eo comic in the basement.

Maybe some gardening gloves, glue and silver glitter?