Thursday, June 5, 2008

Avert my eyes.

Took a quick glance at the Source and the Cascade publications last night. The thing that really leaps out at me is the sheer number and variety of special events going on this summer.

We used to have a sleepy little town where the county fair was the biggest thing going. Maybe some church bakes and such.

It's truly overwhelming the amount of activity going on.

That and that it seems as though every other business advertising is someone I've never heard of. Businesses are still popping up all over. Sometimes I can't really figure out from their ads exactly what they're about -- which to me, is 'image' advertising gone wrong.

I have no idea if there are enough people in this town to make all these stores and events a success.

Anyway, it's enough to make me shake my head and avert my eyes.

No comments: