Sunday, September 23, 2007

Slapped down, baby. And probably deserved.

I've tried not to use foul language, or attack other people. I don't even think I have a 'acid pen' tone. But many of those I converse with are a bit more out there than I am.

I don't mind that. In fact, I enjoy it. When it goes too far, I try to ignore it. I decided not to do what Paul-doh has done and allow any post whatsoever, but I respect his decision. I have held to right not to post comments, but I've never really had to do it.

I realized early on that when you are posting actively, that your opinions can get mixed up with others, your tone conflated with theirs, and so on. I'm not sure what the answer is. Being bright and cheery and positive, when you are trying to ascertain the truth doesn't work. Some truth isn't bright and cheery and positive.

I hope that there isn't 'guilt by association.' But, I feel the discussion is interesting enough to take the chance.

Still, Sally Heatherton's comment on Bendbubble2 was so honest and refreshing, it made me laugh. I thought she was being satiric. But she was being forthright, with her own name attached, and I think she made a valid point. I respect that. And I cringe as to what the response is going to be.

I'm responsible for my own comments, and no one else's. I can live with that.

5 comments:

Duncan McGeary said...

Dammit, Sally doesn't exist. I've been punked. She slapped me down like my Mom, I think. Watch the language, don't hand hang out with the wrong kids, think positive.

Sally SHOULD exist, dammit.

tim said...

Hilarious. Was it you or not?

Duncan McGeary said...

Nope. Much as I'd like to take credit. I thought about doing something similar, but didn't....

After reading the blog, I feel pretty silly. But original comments were just....borderline....real.

Duncan McGeary said...

Whover it is has got perfect pitch. Just a tiny bit more subtle, and we'd still be wondering if it was real.

GageGeek said...

Duncan,

1st: Enjoyed your blog. Got here via the BendBubble2 Blog. Got there by a Google search.

2nd: Laughed myself silly over the Sally Heatherton posts there. One of your merry band has too much time (and imagination) on their hands.

I was considering retiring to Bend a couple of years ago but bought a place over in Canyon City instead. Looking at these Blogs about the Real Estate situation in Bend makes me think that it wasn't such a bad deal after all.

Dave in Lake Havasu
http://www.rivertech.blogspot.com