Monday, May 11, 2020

Tried to make a shorter day of it yesterday, ended up spending four hours at the store. Had planned on finishing off the west half of the store, minus the counter, but instead spent most of the time cleaning the counter and getting the electronics ready for opening.

Came home and Toby fixed us a Mother's Day dinner. 

I've decided that even if the store is somewhat in disarray, we can still open as long as the visa machine, the cash register, phone, and internet are up and running.

I'm not really aware of how tired I am until I wake up each morning, which seems to be happening later and later. Bone tired, but mentally fresh. Usually I'm mentally tired--writing really takes it out of you.

I'm in an extraordinarily good mood. I really enjoy driving into town. The store is being restored, as good as new--heh--but that's how it feels, clean and orderly. We really do have a lot of inventory, which is making me wonder why I'm so aggressive in my buying. Maybe I should take a step back. At least until I see what happens.

But no--if I see a need or a gap, I almost can't help but go for it. And who's to say that the wrong approach; after all, we're still in business after 36 years.

I'm definitely slowing down, though. I'll chip away at it for the next four days, and if we open on the 15th with a few books on the floor and other books not alphabetized, then so be it. 

No comments: