Thursday, February 20, 2020

Last year, we were a little unlucky in the first part of the year (though the rest of the year was good). There was a steep dropoff in sales in the last ten days in January, and then the absolute snow disaster of February.

This year, we didn't have the dropoff, and so far February has been decent. Plus the budget seems to be mostly under control. Partly, I think, because we aren't adding new product lines presently. We are simply resupplying, plus a little new, plus a little discounted.

We got a little lucky in the last week in that sales were better than normal just as some bills came due.

Usually there are spot shortages, but for some reason the sales are pretty smooth across the board. The only thing we sold out of was D & D miniatures. Everything else is stocked in the 80% to 100% range.

It's fun to see the store performing well after all these years.

In fact, we've been busy enough that I haven't been able to effectuate the changes I wanted to make. I'll probably try to do those in my next two working sessions. 

We are going to double sales on new books again this month. This is almost entirely due to my coming back to work and figuring out a consistent ordering pattern. (Once a week for new books, order on Sunday, receive on Tuesday. Twice a month for liquidations.)

I think it's just a matter of keeping up, for now.

No comments: