Saturday, February 16, 2019

Anvil on the head. Bong!


 Like Wiley Coyote, I'm still here. But unlike Wiley Coyote I'm introspective about it. So I'm still trying to take it in.

I always wondered what would happen if I had a wake-up call like this. Would I respond by suddenly becoming motivated to get everything done?

The opposite seems to have happened--at least so far. I'm totally enervated. No motivation at all. Wasting away the hours and days. Doing nothing.

I've always been prone to that. I spent my youth with my Mom goosing me to go outside, to do something, to joins clubs, to make friends, to do SOMETHING! If I was left alone long enough, I sat and read and watched old movies and daydreamed the day away.

So, for the moment, I'm allowing myself that.

I've always hated the concept of the Bucket List. It seems empty to me. Pointless.

One thing about the empty time is that it gives me time to be creative. But this time off has made me wonder what I should do with that creativity.

Keep on doing what I was doing? Do something else?

I've just decided to let myself molder this time, at least for awhile.

It was a pretty big anvil.

No comments: