Friday, December 28, 2018

BookBub is a hell of a thing.

BookBub is a hell of a thing.

It really works, like nothing else works. I mean, I was happy just to be selected, because I knew that wasn't an easy thing.

It's doing better than I expected, really. Amazing.

As you may have noticed, I've stayed out of the way while the BookBub promotion is going on. Fortunately, I did a little research in advance so wasn't nervous about the time-lag. I think I've been superstitious about jinxing it.

I can get a general sense of how things are going from the rankings. David Wilson from Crossroad emailed me mid-afternoon to say they've already covered it, so I'm happy about that.

I'm exposing myself to a lot of new readers. With any luck they'll check out some of my other books.

It's interesting that I've gotten these encouragements on a regular basis--not too often, but often enough--to keep me going. I've sold out of my physical copies at the store, needed to order more.

So it's back to writing full-time next year, pretty much the same way I've been doing it. The writing is the thing, though I don't mind seeing some results once in awhile!

No comments: