Saturday, August 25, 2018

"New Brave World" as a title. Is that a little pretentious of me?

Not writing has been hard. I think I'm addicted to the fictional dream-state.

I felt completely at loose ends over the last week or so. I kept telling myself I needed to pick a more ambitious project, that I needed to think it through first. And that was very unsettling.

So today, something broke and down went the words, splat on the page. I mean, the inspiration was Brave New World, and I inverted the words and called the story, "New Brave World."

I like what I've written--I always like what I've written at first. I also have no idea where it's heading and I think I'm all right with that.

I may need to talk myself out of the title, though.

"New Brave World."

Is that a little pretentious?

2 comments:

Duncan McGeary said...

New Brave World would probably be fine as a subtitle, though.

Dave Cline said...

The World, Brave and New.

Getting into genetic engineering?