Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Writing vacation over. I have to work on Thursday, but I'll get started writing again on Friday.

I'm not sure what will happen. I've not taken this much time off before because I was afraid of losing  my connection to my subconscious. I'm guessing that won't be a problem, but we'll see.

The full month off was probably a good thing. I realized that I'm way ahead of the game. I've gotten much further along than I ever expected. I'll even say this: I've probably had about as much success as I deserve, no more, no less.  ("We all deserve it, kid.")

I have the second half of Fires of Allah to write. When I'm finished, I intend to do a lot research and flesh out the book with accurate telling details. I'd like the fire fighting to be real.

I may have something happening on the publishing front. The publisher used the word "likely." But I've had a publisher use the word "likely" before and it didn't turn out, so I know it isn't a sure thing. I feel like Shroedinger's Cat, half alive and half dead. Eh.

If it happens, then next year is pretty much covered.

As I mentioned before, I'm extending the writing process by adding a couple of extra steps. We'll see if that works. 

I still feel like I"m more or less on track. Each book I write I'm learning a little more. One of these days I'm going to put it all together.


No comments: