Tuesday, June 7, 2016

There is no real joy in rewriting. I wish I could take pleasure in it.

It takes what is always an iffy proposition--that spending many hours every day on an activity that few if any are ever going to see is a worthy, smart thing to do. At least with writing there is the sense of discovery, the joy in ideas. In rewriting, it's pretty much all brain.

But...I have a book. I have finished "Faerylander," and this is the version I'm going to publish. I think it works, and I'm happy with it.

I'm going to spend the next couple of days going through it, trying to pick up any inconsistencies and copy-errors. There are probably tons of the later because 3/4 of the book was changed from 3rd person to 1st person and no matter how many times I go over it, I will miss some "he's" and "his's.

Then I'm going to start in on "Zombielander," giving myself twice as much time because it is bigger mess, but I think there is a book there.

Then on to the third book, "Cthulhulander," which will be a completely new book, which you'd think would be harder but will ironically probably be easier.

Then rewriting again on "Wolflander" and "Ghostlander," making them consistent with the first 3 books.

Lots of work.

I will really need to go off in a completely fresh direction after that...


I have the new covers back to "Star Axe" and soon with "Snowcastles/Icetowers." But I'm far from finished adapting the scans. If rewriting is hard, this is pure drudgery and I have a very hard time doing it.

But again, with a modest effort I free up a couple of books, which are already written and ready to go.

Just trying to take care of business and still keep up my enthusiasm for it all.


No comments: