Monday, April 25, 2016

The Ending In Sight.

I've hit 106K words on Fairy Punk and the ending is in sight. I'm guessing at least 14K words to go.

It's like when you've been on a long trip and you're only an hour from home. So close you just wish you were already there, but still far enough away that you're not, if you know what I mean.

Especially since I have the ending pretty much figured out, so there are no more surprises. It's just a matter of doing it. So close that I just want to do it in one fell swoop, but I'm trying to remain measured. Bring a little fresh energy to each chapter.

I was worried about the last chapter, but I've worked out an entry point that makes sense; I'm not sure how it's going to play out, but at least I have a solid concept.

Meanwhile, the Postscript came to me fully formed on my walk yesterday and is already written.

Got the cover to Fairy Punk back from the artist this morning, and it is pretty cool. Pretty much what I envisioned. It's hard to be patient, but I'm going to hold off showing it until I'm closer to publishing.

So close to finishing I can taste it.

No comments: