Saturday, April 23, 2016

Random writing thoughts.

A book is as long as a book needs to be. "Fairy Punk" crosses the 100K mark and still has a ways to go. I never expected my little story of punk rocker caught up in Fairy shenanigans to take off like this.

My writing is always improved by rewriting. I hate rewriting.

Just piling up the books, writing every day, having fun.

Walking loosens up the creative juices. I only worry that I'm starting to depend on that.

It took me 20 years to get my business right, and even if I hadn't made mistakes, it would have taken me a good 10 years. I can't expect to get the process of writing (and selling) books any faster.

My Word program stops giving me word totals after 100K. Very inconvenient.

I finally put all my stuff on a flash drive so I can edit my Dropbox and not worry about accidentally deleting something important.  Kind of romantic thing--like micro chips for spies when I was a kid. I'm such a Luddite. All my work in this tiny little thing.

Prince. You don't know what you're missing until it's gone.

I haven't posted any of my books on any of my social media for over two months. Kind of a relief, really. Besides...I don't think it does the slightest good. I'm just taking a step back, doing my writing. Besides, I have material out at four different publishers. Can't do much more than that.

Everything is taking longer...except my writing. I recognize this kind of lull from business. You just accept it--it is often a good thing. Like leaving a field fallow to make it more fertile.

I have some great covers to show off when the time comes. Waiting until the books are finished first.

I'm about to plunge back into the "Faerylander" morass. This is still my magnum opus and my problem child at the same time.

I also want to do my firefighting book, "Devil's Forge." I'd hoped at one time to have it done by fire season, but I'll just have to get it ready by the next fire season.

Everything is going pretty well actually. Especially the writing. Knock wood.

No comments: