Sunday, October 3, 2021

Can't pick the seats until I know where the stage is.

Had a dream last night where I went to a concert. I wasn't sure where the stage was, and I wasn't sure how good the seats were. Linda had a slightly better seat in another part of the auditorium, but I asked the woman next to me if she would move to Linda's seat and let Linda have hers. She agreed. 

(Mmmmm....didn't ask Linda. Wither I go, goest she?)

Then the performer came out. Could see the top of his head. Jackson Browne? He urged everyone to fill the empty seat near the stage, so there was a mass movement.

Then the whole room changed and the stage was in a completely different direction. So again, Linda and I need to move, but she refuses. Somehow, without going anywhere, I'm in my seat alone again. 

The woman next to me says, "I understand you've never been to "so-and-sos" concert before." 

"I have his most famous album," I say, trying to remember the title. 

Then the stage shifts again, and I find I have the worst seat in the house.  Sideways with a pillar in front of me. 

I'm totally confused.

So, waking up, this is a pretty easy dream to diffuse, I think. 

I have agency in what seats I take, but not in what they face. That is, without knowing where the stage is, it is impossible to know where to sit. 

That's kinda my life right now. I'm not sure where to focus right now because I'm not sure where I sit. 

At least, that's what it feels like. I can't really make any major decisions because by the time the decisions take effect, the whole environment could change. So I need to be flexible and let it all sort itself out.

No comments: