Thursday, November 19, 2020

 I've always been pretty open about business, but this time I think I should keep my thinking to myself. We're doing very well, I'll say that much. I've have completely stocked it, top to bottom, without going deeply into debt. 

Basically, 7 weeks until I see whether my bet pays off.


Meanwhile, I've been dieting for the last 40 days or so, and I've lost 10 pounds. I'm shooting for 5 pounds more.

I have an entire closet full of nice clothing that I could wear at 175 pounds. Some of it is my Dad's flannel shirts, nice ones from Pendelton and Land's End and so on. It's strange to think I'm bigger than my Dad was, but then again, I do believe that each generation is healthier than the last. Anyway, about 2/3rds of my closet need me to be 175--and that 2/3rds is also nicer and in much better shape. So that's my motivation. 

I calorie count--it doesn't matter what I eat as long as it's between 1000 and 1500 calories a day. The easiest way for me to get there is not to eat until I'm hungry, which is not until early afternoon, and then try to eat whatever I'm going to eat before 7:00 at night. That's it, basically. 


Got an idea for a short story the other night, and then dreamed about it. But I haven't actually sat down to write it. The title is, "Under the Graveyard."

No comments: