Friday, April 3, 2020

Applying for the PPP loan.

My expectation was that the SBA loan would be laden with red tape and fine print and that there would be most likely some roadblocks and delays.

Got the preliminary information on the what they are now calling the PPP loan. Based on payroll.

As expected, I don't understand the language. I asked for clarification but got back some more boilerplate language. Oh, well. I'll work my way through it little by little. Seeing the actual application form may clear things up a little.
'
Normally, I'd be sitting across from a desk with a human beings who could guide me through it. I'm already getting the impression that the loan officer is overwhelmed, and he's dealing with businesses much bigger than mine.

I mean, one good thing about this is that I probably have a full month to do this, and I don't need the money immediately as long as I know I'm getting it in the longrun.

Which brings up the real problem for most of us. It isn't the delay as much as it is the uncertainty of it all. What if it falls through? That's the big quesitons.

The last time I went for an SBA loan they handed me a stack of paper an inch thick. I just gave up at the look of it. I got a short term loan for a much smaller amount of money, which got us through.




I found a secret path down to the river. It isn't marked, it's just a park by the side of the road and walk down type of thing.. Not really a path, though I saw a few footprints. I didn't see any "No Trespassing" signs--I'm a bit of a stickler for that--but this is almost too good to be true. Maybe because it down a bunch of winding roads. Hell, I might have a hard time finding it again. But it is by far the nicest spot I've yet found.

It's almost too good to be true. There's got to be a catch.




No comments: