Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Coming soon to a computer screen near you!
This is my Gothic Noir novel.

Started off as a straight ahead hard-boiled heist book, then as the big Victorian house became a character and a love story ensued, it become a Gothic love story.

It was fun to write.  I'm continuing to explore new genres.

Crossroad Press has been working on the cover for a few days. They had a great Gothic looking house, but the book is pretty specific about it being a Victorian, so we searched for a few days for a good candidate. The final picture is perfect. Even it being at an angle is helpful, because the towers in the house are on different corners and this picture makes it look like it could be any corner.

This was in the middle of my trying to write straight-ahead thrillers, which I enjoyed, but I feel like a little supernatural or SF always spices up a story, so I don't know if I'll stray from that again. In fact, I've been writing science-fiction over the last two books, which I never thought I'd do.

I do hope I still have some readers who will give this a try. May not seem like it, but it's been awhile since I put out a new book.

No comments: