Saturday, July 14, 2018

Got lucky. The enamel pins and the Ingram's order and the stand-ups all showed up in time to be put away on Friday. Was able to fit them all in. Pegasus Books is as stocked as it's ever been. I have a rather large order of new books coming in about a week, which includes all the classics and cult books I've been itching to get.

Keeping up the game orders, a new Magic release, ordering lots of toys and graphic novels when they go on sale.

So we're set for the summer. After this, everything else will be maintenance. I should be able to keep up with everything on Mondays.

All in all, I've enjoyed the interactions at the store. Seeing old friends has been fun. I genuinely smile broadly when people come in. Plus an amazing number of people who have read my books.

Probably time to write the next Virginia Reed novel.

I've stopped spending lots of money on my writing because I've slowed down. I think slowing down is probably the right thing to do.

I'll get back to it this fall. The walking and the writing. But for now, I'm just trying to enjoy the time off. The Tuesdays with Linda are great too. We usually go to a movie, and I've enjoyed that.

So we aren't going to have a lot of money for retirement, but enough. I'm content. I can indulge my art and not have to worry.

I'll have ten days to read and revise Fateplay (Sabrina liked that title much more, so I'm trending back to that.) Then send it off to Lara.

Then the question is--what do I do for August?

I really think I need to finish Castle LeMagie and the Wyvern Riders, then dive into rewriting the Lander books one last time. I'd love to feel like that series is finished.

I do want to give Deadfall Ridge a quick rewrite, and I want to take a stab at Takeover.

When I'm done with all these, I'll have the three thrillers ready and the four novellas. Plus the four Lander books. Put them out every month or two for a year or so.

Write the next Virginia Reed by the first of the year.

If the store gets in the way of original work, I can work on the books that aren't finished or edited. Spellrealm and Castle LeMagie and the Deeptower books and so on.

I'm still intrigued by the Tales of the Thirteen Principalities.

Man, just talking about it makes me want to get back to writing!

No comments: