Sunday, July 15, 2018

Achieving horror.

For the second time in my career, I've written something so dark and twisted, that I don't think I'll show it to anyone.

Which is weird, because horrification is what I'm supposedly after. The story horrified me, which most of my stories don't. Where does that darkness come from?

I mean, I supposedly write horror, but I've always known my stories weren't heavy on the blood and gore, the twisted mental landscape, the sickness of depravity.

So when I actually got there, I'm a little creeped out about it.

It's part of the spectrum of writing, it's just a little farther to the dark side than I'm used to.

But again, isn't that sick feeling what I'm going after?

I think I may send it off under a pseudonym just to see if the story is as effective as I think it is.

UPDATE: I rewrote the ending to Linda's approval and have posted it on this blog. 

No comments: