Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I started a new book.

I started a new book.  I don't want to jinx it by talking about it too soon, but it has really taken off and I"m really liking it.

I'm writing it the way I did Tuskers -- fast and straight to the point. 

I had a dream the other night that I thought would make a good story, but it was a mystery story, and I wasn't sure I wanted to stray from what I was doing.

Went for a walk in the Badlands yesterday.  It was glorious.  Just the right temperature to be walking in my shirtsleeves without sweating.  Loved it.  I've missed doing that.

So halfway through the walk, the dream came back to me and I asked myself what I could do to fit it into the horror genre, and bamm, the whole damn thing came to me. I got really excited, euphoric, because I knew it was good.  I really, really liked the whole thing.

I think the right term would be Horror Noir.  (Is that a thing?  I'm sure it must be.)

Even though most of the day was gone, I started writing it, and had 5000 words by bedtime, with more story tumbling in my mind.

Woke up this morning and started writing again. Have the basic plot pretty much worked out.  I'm excited.  I want to get this sucker written.

I'll just tell you the title:

The Last Fedora: The Gangster Golem Chronicles.

No comments: