Friday, December 5, 2014

Inching toward reality. The Ragnarok.

Things are slowly happening.

I've been added to the author roll at Ragnarok Publications  http://www.ragnarokpub.com/,  so that's happening.

http://www.ragnarokpub.com/#!authors/c22tz

I'll be completely finished with the final edit of Tuskers by mid-month, unless the editors at Ragnarok want changes. 

Mike Corley, my friend who did me the favor of doing
the cover to Tuskers, did the cover to the latest Hugh Howey book, The Shell Collector  http://www.hughhowey.com/  and is highly praised by the author, and it is a pretty cool picture.  Hugh Howey is a best-selling author and a proponent of indie publishing.  So congrats to Mike.

(I'm reading Howey's breakthrough book, Wool, right now, and it's a good read.)

Still waiting for The Dead Spend No Gold: Bigfoot and the California Gold Rush to be published by Books of the Dead Press  http://www.booksofthedeadpress.com/.

Been told it will be "soon."

I get the sense that all these indie publishers have gargantuan tasks to complete.  I'm in the line, but they have things in front of me.

I just keep on writing.  I'm mid-way through the rewrite of Tuskers II and I think I'm improving it.  I was 2/3rds of the way through Tuskers III before I realized I needed to resolve some narrative issues with book II.  I'm hoping to be back to that book by the end of the year.

So things are inching toward reality.

Meanwhile, my published books have been out for awhile and could use a little boost in sales, so any of you who have been hesitating, maybe now's a good time?

Maybe send my books to friends and family as gifts for Christmas?

Here's my Amazon webpage. ww.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=Duncan McGeary&search-alias=digital-text&sort=relevancerank

Also, any of you who have read any of my books and liked them, I can't emphasize how important positive reviews are.  Just a single comment is enough.  This is how people choose to read books, and it's completely understandable.

Thanks to all of you who have shown interest in my nascent writing career, and I hope I haven't bored you with all the details.  Those of you who have been reading this blog for years have seen the whole thing from my first inkings of coming back to writing.

It's pretty amazing to look back on the last two years and see all that's happened. Really, who knew?

No comments: