Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Giving in...buying an e-reader.

What a long strange trip it's been.

Don't laugh.  I don't own an e-reader.  In fact, I gave away a iPad a couple of years ago to my friend Aaron because I didn't like it.

As anyone who has been reading this blog knows, this has been a slow evolution.

The deciding factor?  I want to read my fellow authors' offerings, and...again, don't laugh...that might get kind of pricey.  I've probably got 50 authors I'd like to give a try, among the Books of the Dead roster and the Ragnarok roster.  My kinds of people, my kinds of books.  Plus, there is always a chance they'll reciprocate.  But that's not the main reason.  The main reason is that I want to know what's going on.  That's my fault.  I'm always analyzing.

I may not read all of them, or all of them all the way through, but I feel like I owe it to them to try.

I've got hard copies of all the BOTD books that were in print six months ago, to sell in the store, but again, I have a rule that if I read a book I have to classify it as "used."  So again, that could get kind of pricey.

I still love physical books.  I have no intention of giving up on them.  But I also want to peruse the wide variety of books available online, many of them very cheap or even free. 

So once again I am dragged kicking and screaming into the modern world.

No comments: