Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Dead Spend No Gold: Finished copy.

The Dead Spend No Gold: Bigfoot and the California Gold Rush is basically done.

Finished the collating, and added in the writer's group critiques, and I now have a publishable copy.

I want to give myself 9 days to just polish it, look for small ways to improve it, copy-edit one more time.  But mostly, it's done.

I think it's good.

You know, it took me a long time to be able to say that.  I know, writer's probably seem like they're in love with their own writing, but it isn't that way for me.  I always have doubts.

I mean, I like my writing, but I have doubts.

But just because I have doubts, doesn't mean I can't say "I think it's good."

Right?

After I've fiddle with it for 9 days, I'm giving it to Lara for one last clean edit and then offer it to my publisher. 

I'm glad I took the extra time to give it one more rewrite.  I think it has more tension than before.  Now I just want to add a little flavoring on top...


No comments: