Saturday, July 26, 2014

A writing frenzy.

Wow.

I think yesterday was the most productive day I've ever had.  I wrote from waking until bedtime.  The most words I've ever written in one day -- and I liked all the words.

Tuskers is a very straightforward story.  Other than the first set-up chapter, there is only one POV, first person.  There are no flashbacks, no sidetrips.  Everything is in real time.

Because I'm not worried about length, I'm able to have the action come in fast sequence.  To crank up the danger little by little in a believable way.

It appears to me that this will be about 20 to 30K words, though I won't know until I'm done.  It will be as long as it will be.

Now...I may just go ahead and add other viewpoint characters and make it a real book.  Just as long as their stories are just as straightforward and action packed as Barry Hunter's is.

I think I've made the whole thing believable.  Which, when you're talking about Porkopolype, or Hamagedden, you wouldn't think would be very easy.  But really, we are so dependent on our cars, phones, and internet -- that if you take those out, along with electricity and water -- you make it pretty tough.

No reason extra smart pigs can't dig up the wires and pipes and undermine the cell towers ect.  Heh.

The biggest thing is that I think it is fun, and interesting, and even though there are only two characters so far, I like both of them and their relationship.

Linda is gone for the weekend -- so I have a chance to be very productive over the next three days.  I'm excited to see where this story is going.

No comments: