Sunday, June 22, 2014

A book came to me in my dreams.

I was perfectly happy with the idea of the third Virginia Reed novel being my next book.  But I wasn't excited the way I've been with just about every book I've done.

So I went to bed last night and an idea for a book came to me.

"Nobody Killed Me."

I really liked the premise I came up with, but it was a big one and I couldn't figure out how I could make it pay off.

Went to sleep and woke up with the answer.

So there it is.  My next book.  The one I'm excited about. 

I'm going to try to work through the plot before I start.  Try to assemble all the ingredients.  Try to discover what it is I'm wanting to say.  What characters, and what themes.

Then sit down and write it.

It's a bit of a departure from what I've done so far -- but that's good.  I can give it a try and if it doesn't work, I will still feel like I've done something new, that I've stretched myself.

No comments: