Saturday, June 15, 2013

Werewolves to spice things up.

I knew going into the rewrite that, as I said, "More werewolves, sooner werewolves."

In reading the manuscript, I realized that's exactly what it needed to work. 

I wrote one werewolf viewpoint chapter today and read it to Linda.

"That really spices it up," she says.

"I didn't know you thought it needed to be spiced up."

"I didn't until you read this to me."

See -- that's what I'm afraid of.  Still, I seem to have gotten pretty good at figuring out how to "spice up" the basic storyline.  I mean, the basic storyline comes first and then I figure out how to make it better.

So I need two or three more chapters to werewolf up the story, and I have three days left to write them.  Just enough time.

Basically, in order to explain everything that happens, I have to have a werewolf civil war.  So I'm kind of setting up that scenario to play behind what is happening to the humans, so that it explains both sides.

I'm going to read the rest of the current manuscript tonight, and then write the second werewolf chapter tomorrow.

No comments: