Saturday, May 11, 2013

Led to the Slaughter: The Donner Party Werewolves.

Wrote the first chapter of my new book yesterday.

I thought it came out really well.  A writer friend read it and seemed think it was not only good but that it was really really good.  Sometimes these reactions are enough to keep me going.

I'm trying to write at a chapter per day pace -- which under most circumstances would be considered a damn fast pace, but it's much slower than the pace I've been writing at over the last few months.

I want to think and consider each chapter for a full day.

I'm considering two titles -- Led to the Slaughter:  The Donner Party Werewolves.   Or just straight The Donner Party Werewolves.

Linda likes the latter, everyone else I've talked to likes the former.  But I think Linda might be right.  I think we have to knock people on the head with the basic premise; subtlety isn't the order of the day when it comes to putting out a book.

Meanwhile, I have a strong feeling this book is over my abilities to write.  But what's the worse that can happen?  That I fail at a book that I might never have attempted to write?

So I'm going to give it my best.

No comments: