Monday, May 6, 2013

Cobb and Company.

'Cobb and Company' is what I'm terming this series of books to myself.  Not sexy but accurate.

I'm just two chapters from the finish of WOLFLANDER, which I'll probably do today and tomorrow.  Then send the raw first draft to Lara and see what she says.  I'm thinking that any suggestions might be really useful this early in the process.  Whatever she might suggest, I'd consider.

She may throw up her hands in horror -- or she may find it easier than NEARLY HUMAN -- I can't tell.

Then I'll sit back and contemplate the next book, which I'm calling GHOSTLANDER.  I have the basic premise in mind.

I dreamed last night about a time-travel Cobb and Company book.  So there are no end of stories I can write with these characters.

TIMELANDER 
VAMPLANDER.
XENOLANDER (aliens)
WOODLANDER (bigfoot)
FAERYLANDER
DRAGONLANDER

And so on.  Something like that.

I seem to have some sort of confidence cycle about my writing -- from being insanely confident to utterly un-confident.  I'm at the low ebb right now.  But strangely, it doesn't seem to keep me from writing.  Nor do I believe it changes the quality of the writing.

It doesn't matter.  I'm going to keep writing.  It's a moot point.

No comments: