Sunday, June 19, 2011

Stealing plants.

I was asking a friend if I could come by and steal a couple of plants out of her front yard.

"You won't even notice," I said. "I think I can dig up shoots that wouldn't change the look of your garden."

"Which plants?" she demanded.

"Seriously. You won't notice. But you might notice me out there with my shovel...."

I see plants all over the place that no one would notice or care were missing.

But, like I said, they might notice a guy with a shovel. I don't feel like going to jail for stealing plants.

But really...what harm would it do?

I know, I know. Plant lust.

I've got an idea for a non-profit. A plant exchange. Everyone brings in their overgrowth and trades it for someone else's overgrowth.

(The nurseries might not like that much -- I suppose....)

1 comment:

Just Me said...

Go ahead and post what ya got. Perhaps a trade is in order. I'm always desperate for more.