Monday, June 13, 2011

Random shows.

The blog is about the current shows I've been watching and is full of Spoilers.



So The Killing has rounded back to the obvious suspect; but it's a little too obvious.

Question: Did the drunk driver push the councilman's wife into the river?

But I figure it's someone on his campaign who did it. Unlike most reviewers, I wasn't really put off by all the red herrings. It was only, what, 12 episodes? I can handle that.

Try three or four seasons of Twin Peaks. Or X-Files. Or Lost! Never did much wrap those up adequately.

**********

Speaking of continuity problems: Went to see X-Men: First Class, and thought it was great.

Everyone I've talked to has mentioned the continuity errors; like I should be outraged as Head Comic Nerd.

Well, hell. I just don't care. I long ago gave up worrying about continuity in comics. There are 50 years worth of stories, by hundreds of different writers and artists.

It's inevitable.

And every time they try to fix it; Crisis on Infinite Earths, or whatever, it just adds another layer of complexity.

52 new #1?

Won't solve the problem, just add 52 new continuities.....

Give it up.

**********

As I said in my twitter, all over America people watching Game of Thrones yelled out: WHAT!?

I have wondered how this would go over.

And Martin doesn't let up -- much -- in the following books. My three favorite characters are still alive, but I expect at least one or two will be polished off before he's done.

War is hell.

Which I think is the point.

(Thanks for not showing the head rolling....)

**********

Random movie: Stone.

I thought this was a really good movie; DeNiro, Norton and Milla did some fantastic acting, and it surprised me all the way.

Got less than 50% rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but they were just wrong....

No comments: