Friday, September 19, 2008

All is well.

Kinda funny. I've had 3 or 4 fellow bloggers come in the store in the last couple of days to check up on me. Apparently, I was "crushed" by the recent argument (two different people used that word). And here, I thought I'd held my own pretty well.

No, I'm fine. I'm just refocusing on the store. And like I said, I finally realized that not only couldn't I change anyone's mind, but that I didn't even know who the 'anyones' are, what with all the name switching.

RDC and Black Dog got a pretty good discussion going, which I'm glad to host if anyone else wants to join in. But I will insist on none of the name-calling, and please pick a non de plume and stick with it.

Palin is turning into the 9 day wonder I always thought. Obama just keep perking along. We'll see.

Meanwhile the federal government has stepped in, saying "Don't worry, we'll take care of the debts."

Now if someone would just step in and tell the feds that.

"Hey, Mom! I maxed out my credit cards and I still have most of my school books to buy. I'm coming home!"

"No, no. Sonny. We'll send you money. But this is the last time, you hear me!!!!"

3 comments:

RDC said...

Lets see what the package.

As far as your analogy of the Feds action. I would put it a bit differently.

It is more along the lines of we will take care of the debts you owe your credit card company, but in return you have to pay us a higher interest rate and by the way we now own 80% of all your personal property and we now control all of your bank acounts so you can only spend what we let you spend going forward.

Or to put it in perspective of a small business. We will bail out your business, but we now own 80 percent, you pay us interest on the money we loaned you in return for the 80% control and by the way you are not longer manager of your business we will appoint the new manager.

Yes, they are stepping in, but the impacts are pretty onerous. Basically lose control, wipe out equity, force the company to liquidate substantial assets if not all to pay off the debt. I would not consider that as you portray it.

RDC said...

I have noticed that in some place people will participate in a discussion multiple times, using different names, trying to make it seem as if there are multiple people supporting a position, when it is just one person agreeing with themself.

You also have people use the cover to post things far far more hateful and vendictive then they would post in a face to face conversation or a debate where the parties are known.

While I do not post my personal information anywhere on the net, I try to make sure that what I post is not any different than what I would say in person and I always post with the same id. Which by the way (RDC) stands for Regional Distribution Center. I was working on a distribution plan when I had to come up with an id a few years back.

Duncan McGeary said...

Buster,

My overhead is very low. Pretty much where it was 10 years ago, sans inflation, and the percentage rent increases.

The only extra is employees, and they've been informed that I have a "threshold" that I won't drop below before they start getting hours cut. The farther below the threshold, the more hours.

This should keep the overhead percentages stable.

Like I said, I'm not worried, just discouraged. It's not as much fun not to spend money on new things all the time....