Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas to All.

Feeling that wonderful Christmas release that my retail worries are over and all is well.

It's very hard to get in the Christmas spirit when you work in a store. I was slammed on Sunday and Monday and Tuesday--very, very stressful, and yet considering the alternatives, happy to have it so. The health of the store rides on Christmas to a large extent, and we never know until the final week if it's going to work out. But so far, no one has canceled Christmas.

But what happens is, the moment I turn the Closed sign on Christmas Eve, a total relaxation overcomes me. I'm filled with good feelings--a true Christmas cheer. Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night. I wake up the next morning still feeling that wonderful lassitude. A lazy Sunday feeling times ten.

Maybe you have to go through the fire before you can come out the other side and truly relax.

I pick through the store for presents for the family--and a couple of books for myself. Calendars, puzzles, D & D books for Todd, books, books, and more books. Todd home with dog Walt. New cat Jasper excited for the company (and actually approaching Walt for friendship, though he's a little leery.)

Linda wonderful, always.

Loved ones watching His Dark Materials while I write this.

Looking forward to the New Year. Back to writing and walking and enjoying books, both writing and reading, and the wonderful entertainment options. (The world has finally caught up to me. Heh.)

Going to start reading my new Michael Connelly mystery and just enjoy the day.

1 comment:

Dave Cline said...

I wish there was a like button on Blogspot.

[like]