Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Despite all my procrastination, things are proceeding.

I buckled down and did the full edit that "Takeover" needed. I've gotten back the edits from Lara Milton and as usual she did a great job. She smooths out the language, makes it that much more readable. I have the fantastic cover from Mike Corley, so all that I need to do before submitting is come up with a popping synopsis.

Synopsis's is so damn hard. I've done one, but it feels weak and I haven't figured out how to improve it. I think I'll try again, starting off with a simple explanation of the book, the way I'd describe it to a stranger. Then see if I can't tighten up that description.

Anyway, "Takeover" should be out soon. It's my most ambitious book, and as such, I can see all the places where I fell short. But it's falling short of a high goal, so it's probably better than I think. It will be interesting to see how the politics in the book play out.

I didn't write this book for the politics, but for the characters and the situation. But the politics were inherent in the situation.

As I've said before, it'll probably piss off both sides of the political divide. Heh.

Meanwhile, I want to rewrite "Eden's Return" and send it off to Lara in the next month. I already have the cover from Mike. So that book should be ready when the next slot opens up.

"Castle La Magie" needs one more rewrite, and it will be ready too. So, in some ways, the next year is covered.

This is by far the longest I've gone not writing fresh material. But I have a bunch of stories that still need to be edited, so that's all right.

No comments: