Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Final Answer.

I'm going to do the book about the takeover at the John Day Fossil Beds National Monument.

In fact, the title will be "Takeover."

I think I've figured out a way to neutralize the political part, in fact use it to my benefit.

First thing I need to do is have alternate chapters between occupiers and occupied, so that both views are presented. (The views of the characters, not pushed, but explaining motivations.)

Then, a major plot development -- much more radical, violent extremists come in and takeover, and now the original guys have to band together with the hostages to save the situation. I figure no one is going to be on the side of murderous radicals, no matter what side.

It may be a mistake, but ultimately, this is the story that interests me the most, that is the most unique, and which has plenty of ideas to play with.

No comments: