Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Sold the Bookmark.

Linda and I have officially sold The Bookmark. Today is Linda's last day at the store, and then she is retired. We've been holding off talking about it until it was finalized.

I should leave it for the folks taking over the store, Heidi and Josh, to speak for themselves, but I will say this:

1.) They've told us they will honor people's credit at the Bookmark for a year. So if you have credit, get in there and use it.

2.) The new owners are going to take this to a whole new level. I know that's the kind of things people say, but this time it is true. They are smart and experienced and have plenty of resources. I think everyone is going to be impressed.

Finally, my store Pegasus Books is doing well, and I'm very happy with it, and I have no intention of going anywhere. I'm a few years younger than Linda plus I still like having a place to go to and hang out and talk to friends.

This worked out amazingly well for everyone, and we feel very lucky and blessed.

Thanks to everyone who came to the Bookmark. We are grateful and we'll miss you.

No comments: