Saturday, March 19, 2016

Now I've done it.

As some of you may know, my first book coming back was Faerylander. It became an unwieldy thing, over 150K words, and I was never completely satisfied with it. I've rewritten it 18 times.

No really, 18 times.

I did kind of a stupid thing and wrote two sequels, which are actually okay.

My friend Bren did a great editing job on it, but suggested that I might really have two books here. So I thought about it for a while, and realized that--while two books wasn't possible-- three books was. I sort of hazily diagrammed it in my head, realized it would be incredibly difficult.

So I set it aside and went on with my life.

Anyway, I decided to use the cover I originally intended for Faerylander for I Live Among You. I contracted with Mike Corley for a cover to Faerylander and asked if he could come up with an overall design for all five books, and then a separate logo for each other them, and maybe not charge full price for all five covers. (I plan to make this a long series, so now all I need is a new logo for each book...)

So he came up with a cool cover for Faerylander.

Yesterday he delivered the covers for.

Faerylander.
Zombielander
Cthulhu-lander
Wolflander
Ghostlander.

They're fabulous. They make ME want to read those books.

So now I've got to split Faerylander, or the "War betwen Cthulhu and Faery" into three parts and have it make sense.

So after I finish Fairy Punk, that will be my next project. It's five books, so I figure I can spend a few more months on Faerylander to spring them loose.

I have a ton of raw material, and I know the general story inside and out. So I'm going to really do a full outline for the first three books, which I haven't really ever done before.

It's kind of exciting and daunting at the same time.

But now I have to do it.

No comments: