Thursday, February 4, 2016

Tuskers sales.

Got my royalty statement for Tuskers I and II for the first two quarters of last year.  Basically 5 months worth of Tuskers and 1 month of Tuskers II.

So...it was better than I expected. I have a website that I go to that estimates how many are selling. (Only the publisher has access from Amazon.) It appears that this site missed a good 50% of the sales. So there were twice as many as I expected.

I'm glad the publisher looks to actually be making a little money off them. I don't know why I get concerned for their sake, but I do.

I'm not going to get rich, obviously, but considerably better than doing it by myself. Obviously having a publisher is the way to go, if possible.

Thing is, I don't really want to go through the submission process much. As long as I can publish books through Books of the Dead and Ragnarok, I'm happy. But I write way too many books for them, and not all my books fit their categories, so I'm going to need to publish a bunch of books on my own.

I just have to slot them in during times when nothing's coming out from the publishers.

I want to finish the "Tuskers" series with a book IV. I want to write a "Virginia Reed Adventure" once a year for BOTD, if possible.

I have another small publisher who I'm going to send "Deep Sea Rising." (They liked Tuskers and expressed an interest in another "creature" book.) But I won't have any expectations.

But I'm not going to submit my other books to any other publishers unless they come to me (Unlikely). Nor am I going to look for a agent or a mainstream publisher unless they come to me. (Amazingly, one of them actually did, but after a promising start it doesn't seem to be leading anywhere.)

Pretty clearly, publishing my own books is going to have minimal effect, but I'm all right with that. I've already had more success than I expected. Nor do I believe that I "deserve" more in results than I'm getting.

Most of all, I like the idea of just writing what I want and putting them out when I want and moving on.


No comments: