Saturday, April 5, 2014

Make it good.

Had a friend come in and tell me his 13 year old son -- "who reads everything" -- had come to him to tell  him how "good" Led to the Slaughter was.  And then to proceed to tell him all the reasons why he thought the book was good.

Thing is, I could tell from the way the parent described what his kid said, that the reaction was genuine and heartfelt.  Very gratifying.

What it brought home to me is that it is important not only to finish the books, and to get them published, and hopefully to have them sell.  It is important that they be as "good" as I can make them.

Which you are probably thinking, "Well, obviously."

Nevertheless, I think a reminder that that "Wow, I really like this book" response is the real goal of writing -- all the rest is just part of the process.

No comments: