Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Radagast.

I've always had this weird thing about Radagast the Brown.

I mean, he's barely mentioned in the appendices of Lord of the Rings, but I remember my reaction was: "Wait! There's another wizard in Middle Earth! Cool!"

My name Duncan, is from Dun -- "dark or brown" and Can -- "warrior."

So, you know for a fantasy writer, that's my moniker -- Dark Warrior. I even favored brown clothes for a couple of years when I was a teenager.

So, I hope they give Radagast more than a few moments in the new Hobbit movie.

6 comments:

Duncan McGeary said...

Somewhat taking away from the Dark Warrior moniker, is McGeary, which means basically: "Farmer's Son."

But then again, I could construct a whole story about a young boy on a farm who is goes off on a great adventure and ends up wearing black clothing.

That sounds familiar...

Duncan McGeary said...

I mean, Radagast could be the Boba Fett of this whole franchise -- barely has a few scenes, but endless stories are written about him.

Sadly, the picture I've seen of him make him look kind of goofy.

Leitmotiv said...

I felt the same way about Radagast. Saruman, Gandalf and Radagast.

I remember the good ol days when Saruman was cool and would sit back with a beer and talk about the old days with Radagast and Gandalf.

Duncan McGeary said...

yes, sir. Those were the good old days...

H. Bruce Miller said...

Humble farmer's son becomes Dark Warrior. Great story line there.

H. Bruce Miller said...

"I remember the good ol days when Saruman was cool and would sit back with a beer and talk about the old days with Radagast and Gandalf."

Or smoke some of that wacky tobacky, aka "pipeweed."