Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Creative Euphoria/ Delusional Euphoria.

I have to be honest with you. I have been totally immersed in a new novel I'm writing. It's very near finished, and I really like it. I've sort of kept this one to myself, this whole time, reading it to Linda, but otherwise just kind of nurturing it.

I was talking about an "Epic" fantasy, but it quickly turned into a straight-forward young adult fantasy. It doesn't have the structural problems I've had with my last two finished novels.

Not sure what I'm going to do when I'm finished.

I need to finish it first, then perhaps contact an agent and try to get signed up.

I'm still in the throes of Creative Euphoria -- which is what I think you need to carry you through an entire novel.

I also call it Delusional Euphoria, because you need to think what you are writing is great.

5 comments:

H. Bruce Miller said...

"I was talking about an "Epic" fantasy, but it quickly turned into a straight-forward young adult fantasy."

It better have a young female hero if you hoping for a best-seller.

Duncan McGeary said...

Nope. A young guy.

H. Bruce Miller said...

Well, you can change his gender easily enough.

Duncan McGeary said...

"Well, you can change his gender easily enough."

Just like a democrat.


I should've talked to you before I started. But, strange as it sounds, I didn't know it was a young adult until I was well into the story.

It's just how it came out.

H. Bruce Miller said...

"Just like a democrat."

HA! Duncan turns ... he shoots ... he SCORES!