Wednesday, August 18, 2010

First rule of blogging...

First rule of blogging. You do not hint at something you're not willing to talk about.

This has happened a couple of times, and it seems to spark a guessing game. I suppose it falls into the category of wanting what you can't have.

A big fat tease.

So, I won't being doing that anymore.....

......

Except.....just this one last time.

(I immediately break the rule.) There have been three or four instances lately where I've had to muzzle myself. Once, about the conduct of a competitive business, once a very snarky post about the "Best of Bend", and third, yesterday, about another blog in town. I even feel a little bad about talking about CACB, since I don't have all the facts.

What they have in common is that I would be attacking -- well, not attacking, but mocking or being negative about real local folk. And that isn't fair, and it isn't nice, and it isn't who I want my better self to be.

I'm willing to discuss ANYTHING in principle, but not if it gets personal.

So from now on, I won't even hint about such things.

So don't ask.

No comments: