Saturday, August 20, 2022

Life is what happens while you're organizing.

I'm working through the 8000 comic collection I just purchased.

I forgot how addicting organizing things can be. You want it all in order, nicely bagged and boarded, in fresh clean boxes, priced and ready to go. 

But I spent years doing that, and at the end, I didn't feel like most of it was worth it. I had an epiphany one day as I was carefully organizing my sports cards. No one really cared. They only wanted the superstars, the rest was useless. 

I had the image of my kids finding me slumped over the table, sport cards in hand. Of them hauling me off to the mortuary and all the sports cards and comics I'd carefully organized off to the dump.

Vanity, vanity, all is vanity. 

And yet...here I am.

1 comment:

Duncan McGeary said...

I realize I keep upping the number of comics. That's because there were more comics per box than I expected.