Sunday, August 21, 2022

Every Stars Wars, Alien and Predator comic from the 1980s on.

Working my way through the 8000 comics I bought. There is every Alien and Predator and Star Wars comic from 1985 on. Boy, howdy. I had no idea there were so many series, so many comics over all. I'm starting to realize that bagging and boarding every comic is going to take up considerably more room than I got.

I keep reminding myself that the price was right.

I would love to be able to put them all out, but I'm probably going to only have room for a couple of the Star Wars series--at least until they are winnowed down. Same with most of the rest. I originally wasn't going to try to do any sets, but the only way I can really put out a significant number of books is to have places in the store to sell sets. These are primo sets, too.

I've decided to organize the Marvel and DC comics under family groups: Batman/Superman Titles; Avengers Titles; X-Men Titles: Spider-man Titles. This will allow me to put all the best selling titles in places were people can easily find them, rather than, for instance, having the X-Men and Wolverine way down below and at the end of the alphabet.

Even without trying, comics proliferate. I recently sold 40,000 comics from the basement, leaving roughly 8000 comics upstairs. Even without this new collection, I'd already doubled the number of back issues since then.

I'm giving myself four months to completely finish the comics. I originally was going to finish off organizing all the comics before putting them out, but now that I'm making sets, I can put them out first. 

If you're looking for early Star Wars, Aliens, and Predator sets, I'm going to start putting them out today.

No comments: